EVENTS & FUNDRAISING
Mick Glasheen, Emu in Milky Way Kuringai National Park, 2018, Digital print on paper
Aboriginal Benefits Foundation
Gala Dinner & Fundraising Art Auction 2018
With special guests and patrons of the Foundation Djon Mundine OAM and Ah Xian
Tuesday 4 September 2018
6:00pm – 10:00pm
Chatswood Golf Club
128 Beaconsfield Road Chatswood
Tickets $120 (plus booking fee per person)
This year the ABF is “Going Bush” and we invite you to join us to hear about the programs we are supporting and to take part in our fundraising auction. Click here to buy your tickets. Our event is being held in the Function Room of the Chatswood Golf club located in stunning bushland that backs on to the Lane Cove National Park.
In 2018 the ABF is supporting three major programs:
• Ngarrawanajirri Tiwi Art, Bathurst Island – continuance of the art activities for the disabled. These include painting, fabric art, and carving in the historic “Keeping Place”.
• Beyond Empathy, “DEFIANT” – Lismore area, an arts, story-telling and three year counselling program to engage at risk indigenous youth.
• “Emu Runner” – Brewarrina. A film based in the community and one particular family in Brewarrina. Exploring issues faced by many families across the country.
Art viewing and drinks will be followed by dinner, entertainment (including performances from Peter O’Doherty and didgeridoo by Blak Douglas) and the art auction.
Auctioneer Roger McIlroy will lead the fundraising art auction, which will include exquisite works at low prices by Pat Brassington, Paul Connor, Mick Glasheen, Tim Johnson, Ngarrawanajirri Tiwi Artists, Gary Shead, Tony Tuckson and many others.
An auction catalogue for both the live and silent auctions is available here.
Please contact Simon Chan/0411 138 308 or Jennifer Isaacs/0425 233 447 for further information about the event including:
- Placing a telephone or absentee bid for the live auction
- Dietary requirements for the dinner
- Becoming a volunteer to assist at the function.
In past events
In recent years the ABF has held a number of fundraising events. For example, in November 2016, we held a 12th Anniversary Dinner and Art Auction which was attended by the Foundation members, directors, the esteemed patrons of the Foundation and over 200 special guests.
Many artists contributed their artwork for sale at the fundraising auction including Imants Tillers, Tony Albert, Min-Woo Bang, Jason Benjamin, Sophie Cape, Blak Douglas, Tim Johnson, Euan Macleod, David Middlebrook, Reko Rennie, Luke Sciberras and Savanhdary Vongpoothorn. There was also a didgeridoo performance by Blak Douglas, followed by the very enjoyable and successful art auction, which raised in excess of $100,000.
The Foundation welcomes the opportunity to collaborate on fundraising events. If you would like to assist, please contact us here.
The ABF is a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) organisation.
All monetary gifts over $2 are tax deductible.